Hello there! My name is Chris, and I am obsessed with becoming the best version of myself while helping as many other people do just the same! Here are a few qualities about myself.
– 15+ years of Chef experience
– I’m an Empath
– I actually LISTEN to people
– I’ve experimented with countless diets and exercise programs myself
– I teach and lead by example
– I’m dedicated to always learning
What you get from working with me:
- The opportunity to step into the best version of yourself
- Simple and effective health advice
- A neutral perspective to help you reach your goals
- Encouragement (and sometimes a little tough love)
- 15+ years of distilled culinary information and 8+ years of distilled health/fitness knowledge
- Working with me is like a shortcut to health mastery!
There are many aspects to becoming the best version of one’s self, but I do believe that one of the most important is having a strong base, that base is? You guessed it! Our bodies, our “temple”! We only have one, and it is an incredible blessing that we tend to take for granted. I know I did!
I was thrust into the world of the restaurant/kitchen life as soon as I could work at age 14. This meant eating restaurant food for many years. It wasn’t until later in life, when I was in college, that I realized something had to change. I was a classic case of the college party hound, drinking most days of the week and eating fried foods, sugar, burgers, and pizza, you name it! Feeling lethargic, ashamed of my scrawny arms and pot belly… I was lucky to have a couple of great mentors mid-way through college. I learned about what it is to eat better for myself, and exercise. As I saw my body transform for the better, I started to feel amazing! That’s when I realized the importance of having a healthy “temple”. I realized there are very few things in life we have complete control of, the good news is we can have complete control over our self and our body.
I was fascinated by the ability of the human body to change and grow stronger. I wanted to do everything I could to learn more. For having a strong mind is just as important, and I started to ask myself what kind of information was I feeding my mind? I started reading books, listening to the lectures, podcasts, anything I could get my hands on in the health/nutrition and fitness realm. With all of this information, I practiced all of the different methods, including “fad diets” and workout routines to see which ones worked for me. I used myself as a human experiment in a sense, so I could cut right through the fat of it all and share what works!
I knew how to cook delicious, mouth-watering, perfectly balanced, and composed dishes. However, I knew I wasn’t helping anyone, or myself with the food I was creating. The time came to actively seek out restaurants that had healthier options, and different techniques. So I traveled the world and cooked in other countries to see how they did it. I have learned a great deal over the years, and am always striving to reach new heights in my fitness, health, and wellness.
With all of that said, I think it is extremely important for someone who has reached any type of height in their journey to turn around and help someone else up as well! That’s what I intend to do, for as many people in need as possible. I’ve had a lot of teachers and mentors along my journey to wellness, and it is only right to reciprocate the process to others. It would be my absolute pleasure to help you along your wonderfully unique life journey, to a healthier, stronger version of yourself!
Why did I join My Body Tutor?
The ability to have someone help along the way in any journey in life, someone that has gone down that path before is of immeasurable benefit. I believe in the MBT program, and I love how there is constant communication and accountability between us. Truly listening to clients to see where they are, the how and why of accumulated destructive habits that get us in trouble. The very fact that there is an actual human (me) that truly cares about you and your goals is a winning formula for success. With all of the apps out there today there is nothing that can beat real constant feedback from real people with real problem-solving skills. Addressing health from many angles, the mind, and body connection, dealing with emotions in a transformative way. I love the idea of it all, and it would be my absolute pleasure to go on this journey to health and wellness with you!
I am a unique individual too!
- I love the outdoors! Hiking is a must when it’s nice out.
- Travel and adventure are BIG, if I stay stagnate in one place for too long I get antsy and want to explore a new part of the world.
- I am a bit of a “nerd” I love fantasy and video games, L.O.T.R and G.O.Thrones!
- Love coming up with new, tasty, healthy recipes, I’ve been spoiled with good food from all over the world so I have to make my health food taste great!
- Fitness and training/movement is what gets me going and out of a stooper, I am addicted to it.
- Self-mastery is a big part of my life, mentally, physically, and spiritually I am always learning something new!